Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Update....

Hello dear world

Good evening. How is everyone ??? I do have a little news to share with you. First things first...it was another day at the courthouse for me. I wanted to tell you that tomorrow my coworkers and I will be having a party for my coworker H-----D who is retiring because of his health. We are having his retirement party at the courthouse in one of the courtrooms on the 3rd floor. My mom and I made some jumbalaya with shrimp, bits of chicken and italian sausage. My coworkers are fixing some things at home as well. We have to go pick up the cake and some wings we ordered for the party as well. Some of the other people at the courthouse will be bringing things as well. We had carried around a large card around for people to sign and some donated money for him and his family. We will all miss him especially us we really did like him. I do hope that he gets to feeling a little bit better. There will be quite a few people at the party including us, some judges, some of the other people who work at the courthouse who knew him and some of the secretaries who knew him as well. We invited people and we told a few people who aren't able to leave their work that we will make them a plate. I am sure the party will be nice tomorrow. I wish you could be there my dear world.

Anywho.....you might want to know that I woke up feeling extremely hungry this morning so I brought to work 2 slices of bread and some peanut butter that I bought yesterday at the store to have for a little snack. The peanut butter I bought is blended with sweet white chocolate and let me tell you its pretty good. I would like to share the link with you in case you might want to order you some of the peanut butter -----> www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/ . There is a company that sells it and I really think you will like it as I do. Do go over and check it out for yourself.

I did want to share with you the fact that there was a really gorgeous guy on the elevator with me and my coworkers. I made it a point to talk to him on the elevator. He looked really cute. He was quite built. You could see that he works out. He also had a really nice smile. The thing is I didn't ask him his name though I did give him a piece of paper towel since he was sweating a little bit after coming in from being outside. He was bald but he was one of those guys that looks good bald. I later found out that he is doing jury duty at the courthouse so maybe I will see him tomorrow there's no telling.

I also wanted to let you know my dear world that you might not be hearing from you Friday - Tuesday since I will be going camping with my family to a place called "Tallulah Gorge State Park" here is the link ------> www.gastateparks.org/info/tallulah/ . I will let you know how my trip was when I get back. I will be back from my trip Wednesday so please know that I won't be gone for long. I will miss you all and I will definitely miss talking to you.

I must say that I was hungry all day long. My coworkers and I did go to a different Kroger today. The Kroger we went to was near my work. I bought a rotisserie chicken there with some regular bread with some hickory smoked cheese and some regular mustard and that didn't fill me up either. I have NEVER felt so hungry in my life. I don't know what it was but I stayed hungry all day but now I don't feel hungry at all. Have you ever felt like this ???

So how was your day my dear world ?? The weather was a little muggy today but the weather man on t.v. said that its supposed to rain tomorrow I am not really sure. We haven't had any rain lately. Its been really dry in my neck of the woods. I do hope that things are well in your part of the world. I wanted to thank my friend Amanda who sent me a card in the mail.....THANKS AMANDA !!!!!!!! I will be sending her a card in the mail as well. THANKS AGAIN AMANDA.

That's about it my dear world. I'll talk to you again soon. Byyyyyyyyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your camping trip Monae. And I hope your friend has a long and happy retirement.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  You sure are looking forward to your weekend camping. Hope you have a great time and that the weather will be good for you.  It is not camping weather here now as although it is Autumn/fall it is getting quite cold. This morning for first time we have a FROST...the roofs are quite white..not for long though the sun will soon break through.  Do you get white frost where you are ?  HAve a lovely party will be looking forward to hearing about it.   Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I have camped at that park when my children were small or I think I have but I think it was just a state park In Tallulah. Anyway I have looked down that Gorge and let me tell you it made me feel weird. Like maybe I was going to fall. I think you could get closer to it then than you are allowed to now. The cable was still there where some man had walked across it. Brave person to do that. I think he fell somewhere later on down the years. Helen

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am glad you got the card.

Anonymous said...

That jumbalaya sounds scrummy!
Gaz

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be landing a date or two or three soon.  Hope you had a nice Thrusday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I don't get hungry very often...and I don't eat very much in a day either....although must people who see me probably think I eat all day long...LOL....oh well....June:)

Anonymous said...

The retirement party for your co-worker was a nice way of showing appreciation for his years at the court house.   It is sad that he is leaving due to illness and that his family is experiencing financial hardship.    That is great that some people even donated money to help him out during this time of need.     Thank you for stopping by my journal and for your encouraging comment.    My hope is just for getting the roof on this year which will keep rain from soaking the panels that are the second floor ceiling area or attic floor.   I will be able to oil base primer paint the plywood going on the siding as it can be painted at any temperature unlike latex.    It just takes a long time to dry the colder it is.    We can then install them keeping more rain out untill next spring when I can paint latex on the cement/fiber woodgrain appearance siding that goes over styrofoam and install windows once the styrofoam is on.     I don't worry about when it will be all enclosed and I can only work so much on it before it becomes too stressful.     It's just one of those things that has it's own pace.   I am reading American Art Review today and I read National Geographic, Smithsonian, American Heritage, and The Wilson Quarterly.    I enjoy reading about the lives of American Artists from the 19th Century, as well as American History and World History.    All of the past events influence the present world politics and the Wilson Quarterly has some interesting authors which are featured.    I purchase the magazines on line by keying in the name and can find the lowest subscription price available.    I have saved quite a bit over the publication's rate.     I hope your camping trip was a great time!   mark