Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Got The Flu Shot And Some Shopping

Hello dear world

Its Saturday !!!!!!!!! I love Saturday's yes yes I do. First of all earlier today my folks and I headed to Kaiser which I will explain later in this entry.

Anywho....you might want to know that last night my family and I rented some movies from Blockbuster. Its quite fun to go there and look to see what movies they have. We did rent some movies and here are the names : 10 Items Or Less, The Contract, The Messengers, Saints and Soldiers. I have to say that the movie "10 Items or Less" with Morgan Freeman was a great funny movie my mom and I both enjoyed it last night. This evening my mom and I watched "The Contract" with Morgan Freeman and John Cusack which was a very wonderful movie. John Cusack had his most amazing performance ever in the movie I was glad to see him in the movie. I think he deserves an academy award for the money in my opinion.We haven't seen "The Messengers" yet but we will.

Back to what I was wanting to tell you earlier this morning my folks and I went to Truett's for breakfast. My nieces went out with their mother instead of with us. Anywho...it was just me and my folks. We went to eat at Truett's which has the best breakfast buffet in Georgia. Unfortunately I hate to say that I didn't like their scrambled eggs which I usually like. I did like their bacon and the cookies -n- cream milkshake I ordered there.

After breakfast my folks and I did go over to Kaiser for our Flu shot which is being given for the next couple of days. I was nervous I must say when I saw the needle but when I got it I didn't feel it. Before we got to get the shot my mom was walking on a cane she uses and she able to get us to the front of the line which was easy for us to finish early. Getting the flu shot didn't take but a second.

After Kaiser my folks and I went to my very favorite store "Garden Ridge". I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love going to Garden Ridge. I just love looking at all of the Christmas ornaments and decorations. I bought a little chocolate stocking ornament filled with christmas cookies. I also bought a cowboy santa and a box of Jeff Gordon Christmas ornaments which I liked. My mom on the other hand bought 2 very spooky Halloween houses to put on a table she has full of Halloween decorations. I haveto tell you that when you walk into Garden Ridge the wonderful aroma of cinnamon hits you with a most tempting hand that lures you in.

After Garden Ridge we then went to a place called "Brandsmart" because there is a raffle going on a little RV that my dad is interested in. We filled out some tickets and I am hoping we win because my dad would love it. You might want to know that Brandsmart has everything from toasters to radio's to pots and pans to CD's to movies. I was able to get my favorite movie called "The Christmas Card" .The movie is a story that begins in the midst of war in Afghanistan where a guy named Cody Cullen played by John Newton is touched by a lovely card sent by a woman named Faith Spelman played by Alice Evans. Faith lives in the small town of Nevada City, California. As months pass, the card never leaves Cody's side, giving him the strength to survive and setting him on a mission to find her. The Christmas Card is a movie the young and old can enjoy I certainly like it. If you get a chance you have to see it my dear world.

So how was your Saturday ??? Did you get to go out today ??? I sure hope you got to enjoy your day. I must say that the weather in my neck of the woods was beautiful and I enjoyed every last minute of it. How are things with you my dear world ??

That's about it for me. I just wanted to pop in and share my day with you. I'll talk to you again later.

Good-night !!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a regular movie-o-holice aren't you?  Do you ever go out to the movies instead of renting them?  Have a good sunday! ; )~

Phil

Anonymous said...

I've never had a flu shot.  Not something I have ever figured that I needed.  Enjoy all the movies.  I'm here at home with my friend Heather having some fun.  If you are ever around I think it would be cool to chat with you.  Have an exciting Sunday. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time....I'm glad.....June:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good Saturday. Ken and I got flu shots about a month ago. Hope your dad wins the RV. That would be a lot  fun for your family. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Saturday..it was very similar to ours!
We went to lunch and to Sportman's Warehouse. I lOVE that place.
We boight a bunch of stuff we didn't need.
If you like scary movies check out "30 Days of Night".
We saw it Friday and enjoyed it a lot.

Glad you had a good Saturday....

                      Sunny
                         :-)

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))I akways love hearing about your weekends.I am glad you had a good one.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a nice weekend!


Tick or treat! Stop by my place!
~Happy Halloween!~

         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/entries/2007/10/27/trick-or-treat-thru-j-land/2835

Anonymous said...

Hey Mushi!  ::Dancing around::  guess where I went today?  Hehehe!  Yep!

Have I mentioned that I love the way that you write?  Reminds me of the best of the great Appalation writers, simple words, simple day to day scenes. The words and the writing weave into tales that are warm and comforting like a favorite wooly blanket.

Mary
http://journals.aol.com/thisismary/ViewFromAFarmHouseWindow/
http://innerfabiola.blogspot.com/