Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'M BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Hello dear world

I'm home !!!!!! I didn't get a chance to come and talk to you yesterday when I got home but here I am. Did everyone miss me ?? I missed talking to you a great deal. I hope everyone is alright.

Anywho...let me tell you about my camping trip with my family.

On Saturday we arrived at Tallulah Gorge at campsite #10 and I can tell you the campsite was amazing. After we got set up and put up the pop-up camper we have we decided to go and eat. We found a place called "Mama G's Italian Restaurant" which was a wonderful place and the food was delicious. For dinner I had for the very first time a Greek Pizza which I wanted to try. The pizza was good and I had a Caesar salad on the side with my pizza. I have to say that I liked Mama G's Italian Restaurant.

After dinner we went to Walmart in Tallulah Gorge where I got some stickers and some things for camp like food and drinks. After shopping we got back to camp and we roasted some marshmallows which were pretty darn delicious. The stars were out at the time we got back to camp.

Later on we got our beds ready for bedtime in our trailer. There were still other campers up in the campground and you could hear them while we were sleeping. I couldn't wait until the next day.

On day 2 -- My dad cooked breakfast at our campsite. He made us all bacon and eggs and we enjoyed every last bit of our breakfast.

Later in the afternoon my family and I walked a trail that led to the beach which unfortunately was closed for the season. By the trail there was a race going on and there were some men and women and young adults in the race. One of the races hadn't started so some of the runners were getting themselves ready for the race.

A little while later we went for lunch at Burger King where I had an iced coffee called a BK Mocha Joe which was quite tasty.After lunch we took a ride back over to Walmart where we picked up a few more items for camp. I ended up getting a Hershey's pack of cookies and a move called "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants" which is a movie I like.

After going to Walmart we drove back to camp where we noticed a place called "Goats On The Roof" and I have to tell you that there were real live goats eating on the roof and that was a sight to see. Once we got back to camp we went and took our showers. Let me tell you the water at the showers were quite hot and wonderful. The other showers at other campsites my family and I went to before never came close to these.

After we finished our showers we got back to camp where my dad cooked some hamburger patties on the grill we had as well as steaks on the grill we take camping with us. Yes my dear world the hamburgers were quite good. My folks ate steaks, spinach and beans for dinner.

Then after dinner I fixed some coffee for my mom while my dad had started a fire with one of the logs that I had got from one of the other campsites nearby. He also used a fire log that I bought at Walmart. The fire was quite nice.

The very next day we took a ride to a place called the "Jane Hurt Yarn Interpretive Center" which had a gift shop and some exhibits as well. Later on my family and I went to a place called "The Overlook" which was really really nice. My family and I got to see the Gorge from the Overlook. There was a rainy mist rolling over the Gorge which was amazing. The view of the Gorge from the overlook was beautiful. My family and I then went to a little picnic area where we saw another part of the Gorge.

My dear world is it possibe to fall in love with a place ?? I was glad that I got to visit Tallulah Gorge. On our last night it rained and rained and rained but we enjoyed our night.

On our last day at Tallulah Gorge we had to pack up the camper in a little bit of rain but we got it done. Everything had gotten soaked however due to the rain. Before we got on the road we did take one last ride down to THE OVERLOOK to see the Gorge one last time. While we were there it was a picture perfect Autumn scene. The leaves were every color you could imagine although it did rain a little and there was a bit of mist and fog in the air Tallulah Gorge was still one beautiful place.

My dear world if you get the chance you have to go there and see it for yourself.

I must say that I had a wonderful time camping with my family and we are working on making plans to go camping again soon. I can't wait to go see somewhere else. I wish you could have been with me my dear world I really do.

By the way how was your day today ?? I had to head back to work but all in all I had a very wonderful day. How are things in your neck of the woods ??

I did miss you all. 

Good-night everyone

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time and glad that you are back safe and sound.  

Phil

Anonymous said...

Goodness, what a brilliant time you had  I am so happy for you. The gorge sounded just beautiful.  Glad that camp was so good annd the showers.  Missed you.  do wish you had a digital camera then you could share all these lovely places with us....maybe you could put that on your wish list for Xmas ??  Love sybil xxx

Anonymous said...

You had a whale of a time, Monae. By the way, a beach closed for the season? Thought it was always there :-\

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

So have you got any photos to show us? It has been a great Autumn in England after such a wet summer.
Pete

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Monae, I'm glad you had such a good time.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Hey..glad you're back. Sounds like you had a great time.
I think I've heard (no puns) of that Goats On The Roof place.
My question is why do people always wind up at Italian restaraunts when they are camping? That happened to me all the time...I ate a lot of Greek salads.

Have you ever been to Hot Springs NC?
http://nchotsprings:com/
It is right on the AT and a WONDERFUL camping place. Check it out.

                 Sunny
                  :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds so beautiful....I too wish I was there to see it....June:)

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful!!! Glad you had a good time.
Pam