Thursday, March 8, 2007

Some Notes For Thursday

Hello my dear world

How are you today ? First I have a little sad news. Our dear friend Jeannette of Jeannette's Jottings is a little sick and she will have to have surgery soon. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers at this time. Hopefully she will make a quick recovery in her health and she will be back with us soon. WE LOVE YOU JEANNETTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news I am happy to report that it was another beautiful sunny day in Georgia it was in the 70's and it was lovely. Me and one of my female coworkers that I told you about we went out today to a store and shopped a little bit and then we went out again to get something to eat. We enjoyed the sunshine and we really didn't want to go back to work but we did. It felt like Summer instead of Spring and let me tell you I soaked up quite a bit of sunshine.

I also have to tell you that before arriving to work this morning I watched an animal rescue show on television here is a site for you to check out www.animalrescuetv.com/ . The program I watched was quite sad I must say. On the show one guy had actually shot his dog in the head with a gun, another owner had left his dog in a thich choke chain which had caused severe injury to the dog's neck. Also on the show an Animal Rescue Worker had to dig down under a huge mountain of dirt to get to a pipe in which a baby kitten had gotten stuck in. Inside of the pipe where the kitten was he had suffered from a lack of oxygen as well as having swallowed some of the dirt in the pipe which was sad because you could hear that the kitten was in distress. The program that comes on in the morning before I leave for work is often hard to watch because of how some of the animals are treated by their owners. On a bright side half of the dogs and cats and other animals are able to be helped by Vets and other assistants so they can be brought back to good health and adopted by loving families which is nice.

In other news....last night I helped my youngest niece with her Math homework. I have to admit that when I was in school Math was one of my worst subjects because I didn't like it. Math to me is yucky,yucky,yucky. I can't say that I like adding problems like 6 + 3 + 4 = or 7 + 4 + 8 = or 3 + 2 + 5 = or 7 + 1 + 9 = . I especially don't like word problems like :

If Train A leaves the train station at 8:10 a.m. will Train B which leaves the train station at the same time arrive at the train station tomorrow morning at the same time as Train A ?

Another word problem she had was :

Jake had 5 apples, Amy had 3 apples, Sam had 6 apples and Samantha had 2 apples. How many apples were there all together ?

I hate these kinds of problems most of all. I wish someone in the problem would have eaten all of the apples and that way I wouldn't have had to solve the problem. I really don't care if the trains ever arrive at the station and I don't care about how many apples there are because its just a problem that someone else is going to solve but I had to help my niece. Basically my dear world I hate Math and I wouldn't want to go back to school to do Math all over again. Me I just don't like Math of any kind. What do you think dear world ?

Anywho....how are things in your neck of the woods dear world ? How was your day ? I hope it was as nice as mine was. I am also excited to report that I received a package from a pen pal of mine that I come to know through letters we send eachother. It is so nice getting a little something I loved in the mail. All in all I just wanted to pop in and say hello to all of you. Take care my dear world and I will talk to you again soon.

Good-night !!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYU))))))))))))))))))))))I am praying for or J-llander Jeannette,already been to Her journal,wishing Her well.Sounds like you had a fun day of shoping,out with a friend,a co worker,that is nice,that you even be friends with a co woerk,now days its hard.But I have a friend who works with me and she spends the night with at times.Oh,the last math problem is 16 I think,I counted on my fingers.lol.I hate math to,it was my worst also.have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for the reminder about our dear Jeanette. I had already been in and wish her well.   I had to laugh at your Maths problems...join the club as they say over here. I HATE maths as well and   as for problems...well...I remember a teacher trying to get me to measure the inside of a field if the outside was so big! I turned and said to him   "I can't do that and I have no intension of ever measuring a field so I don't need to know that!!!"  and I never did !!!  How much better if teachers taught how to balance ones salaries and how to pay the morgage etc.
Have a great day. Nice to see you are having the warm weather. It is sunny this morning here in the UK but still around 10deg. during the day which isn't actually bad for this time of year.
Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

So, I'm one of those rare few who ABSOLUTELY LOVED math growing up.  It was, and still is my favorite subject.  So much to the point, where I taught my lil Hope at the age of 3 how to add and subtract up to 12.  (She didn't know how to count any higher at that age :o) ... Although, I have to admit, I can't remember too much now about geometry, or trigonometry, or statistics, or calculus, or physics anymore... was a long time ago... ;oP