Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Day

Hello dear world

How are you today ? First of all I am happy to report that it was another beautiful day in Georgia and I am doing well.

Today I had to take the day off of work so I could go to the doctor with my mom. I do have to tell you my dear world that on the way to uptown Atlanta I saw something horrible. There was a truck with several cages on it. Inside of the cages were 5 or more chickens stuffed full inside of each and every cage which looked like an extreme form of cruel and unusual punishment. It was hard to see something like that.

Anywho....the doctor's office we went to let me tell you it looks more like a museum than it does a doctor's office. Inside of the waiting room they have an aquarium filled with several tropical freshwater fish that looked like they came from the ocean near a Hawaiian island. There was also a fish whose head resembled that of a rock swimming around in the aquarium. I also have to tell you that the view from the window in the doctor's office we went to was amazing you could see a million miles out which was nice.

After the doctor's office me and my mom went to lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse which let me tell you has some amazing food. My mom and I had the Ribeye which was quite succulent. She had her ribeye with a baked potato and I had mine with very creamy melt-in-your-mouth mashed potatoes. We also shared a salad and she had a cup of french onion soup. Our lunch was wonderful and I am sad to report that were too full to have any dessert which I really really wanted. The thing is there were two people sitting on the side of us eating what looked like a heavenly rich cookie dough cheesecake with vanilla ice cream and fudge syrup underneath. Every time I go to Longhorn Steakhouse I always eat so much that I never have room for dessert. Next time I go there dear world I am going to have to make it a point to have one of their desserts.

After lunch we arrived home where I watched "The Holiday" again. I still LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE it !!!!!!!!! I just love Jude Law and Jack Black even more. I want to see it a thousand billion more times. Dear world I am bubbling over with lots and lots of happiness. I could live on days like this. All in all it was a really nice day.

I have some additional news for you. Tonight my folks and I and my niece Jeanette went to a store called "Belk's". You might be surprised to know that I found ( 2 ) pairs of pants at the store and I actually tried them on in the fitting room which I hate to do. I also found a nice nightgown that I like there. Once we got home I started watching a movie on the Hallmark Channel called "Hidden Places" which was a pretty decent movie. It was something of a love story and it was a nice one. The Hallmark channel has some pretty nice movies on it.

So how was your day dear world ? Did you go out today ? Is the weather as wonderful in your neck of the woods as it is in mine ??? I do hope that you had a really wonderful and enjoyable day. I will talk to you again soon.

Byyyye !!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly Monae, thanks for the St. Patricks Day card that I recieved in the post today. :o)  The weather here has been very cold the last few days after a warm and sunny week, we always end up paying for any good weather we have...lol! What a strange sounding fish!

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))ou was the one that sent me the St.Patricks Day Card,I loved it.Thank you.I odnt know how you do it,how can you be so cherfu?Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

I wish all of us felt as cheerful and happy as you ... it sounds just wonderful.   Nice to know there are people in the land that enjoy most of their days!  Keep up the good work!  I was wondering, have you forgotten about Eva and John's journal from Scotland?  You gave us the link awhile ago.  They've now moved to their new home, but no one has commented to their last few entries???  I hope people remember them.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/evasjohnw/eva--johns-weekly-blog-from-scot/  (don't know if that link will work, I'm not very good at these things)    ...   Have a nice day ...   Judy, in CT