Tuesday, August 9, 2005

More Thoughts....

Good evening dear world....how are you doing tonight ?

Well its that time again....Both of my nieces are heading back to school. Its also time for buying school supplies: pens, pencils, tape, rulers, folders, binders, notebooks, erasers and the lists for what might be needed goes on and on. One of my nieces is off to Kindergarten while the other is off to High School.

My favorite subject in school was English and that was about my only favorite subject for me. In High School we had papers to write and a variety of books to read from Melville to Hemmingway and Whitman to Dickinson. English class took having to work hard but it was quite fun.

Math was my hardest subject in school. I never did quite grasp the understanding of fractions, decimal points or any part of figuring out how to solve problems which involved having to use long division. I did quite poorly in math which is probably obvious by now.  

Along with Math being my hardest subject came Science class. In Science class we either had to dissect frogs or we had to put together different chemicals in order to perform experiments. Science was another one of those subjects that I just couldn't seem to do well in.

 

Dear world I have to admit that along with buying my nieces school supplies I buy a few things myself. There's just something about the smell of newly sharpened pencils and lined notebook paper.....Is that weird ??

That's about it for now.....good night 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It probably reminds you of your schooldays...lol! :-)

Sandra xxxx