Monday, August 1, 2005

I'M BACK....

Good evening world......I recently returned from a trip with my parents from a place called "Magnolia Springs State Park" which is located in Millen, Ga. It rained on and off the entire weekend there. The drive there was a little wet but nice. Most of the land down there is farm land and it is quite a bit of land. Once we arrived it was still wet. The trees at the park are draped in Spanish moss which gives a taste of the deep South. The Spanish Moss might be a little haunting but the campsites are a different take. The campsites offer little to no views of what you will see at Magnolia Springs.

There is a small bridge there over a little bit of a spring which flows with crystal clear water. The water is filled with green moss and lots of turtles. The turtles in the springs are known as box turtles and a rather enormous snapping turtle. There at Magnolia is also a freshwater aquarium at a place called Bo Ginn. The aquarium is home to different varieties of fish like that of Spotted Gar, Sturgeon, Warmouth Sunfish, Grass Carp, Albino Channel Catfish and an American Eel.

The camp showers offered plenty of hot water which was a change from other campgrounds I have been to. Magnolia is a place where you can expect to get lots of peace and quiet. The campsite was home to my family and I and no other campers. We were the only campers to the campsite this weekend. My mom said that it was like we were the only people on earth for the weekend.

We found out that our cell phone didn't work down there. We asked one of the ladies who worked at the campground  and she said that the campground was located in a kind of pocket in Millen, Ga. The cell phone didn't work until we left Millen. Driving around downtown Waynesboro we found that it is a rather old antiquated country town with few other updated hints of the future. It was like stepping into the past where you were for a while back in a place like Mayberry which some of you might know to be an old television show.

Other than the aquarium and the Spanish moss Magnolia had nothing else to add. I would say that Magnolia isn't the best campground to go to if your ever in Georgia. Though you will get lots of quiet there to be sure. So if your looking to get tons of sleep drop in to Magnolia you won't need sleeping pills for that trip....take my word for it.

On a different note we arrived home and we stopped off at a few stores one of them being "Barnes & Noble" which is a bookstore an enormous bookstore. I LOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEED this bookstore. Barnes & Noble is a book lovers paradise I was like a kid in a candy store. I had never been there until today. The bookstore is filled with tons and tons and tons and tons of books on every subject you can think of.......They also have shelves filled with these lovely journals with gold, leather and beautifully decorated bindings that your eyes can't believe. The sight of so many books delighted me as never before. I could never count the number of books in the store there were so many.

The store was flooded wall to wall books.......The smell inside the store was amazing. You walk inside and you can smell the books waiting to be picked up. There's even a coffee shop inside where you can order all kinds of coffee.

I LOVE BARNES & NOBLE......

 

Is anyone else an avid book lover as I am ???

What's your favorite book ?

.......For now good night dear world

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. The Spanish Moss and the tranquility sound perfectly intriguing. Books are my passion and I love to lose myself in bookstores or libraries. When I lived in Southern California, "Pickwick" was the biggest and best chain of bookstores. I don't know if they are still around.....By the way, I have too many favorite books to list!     Jon

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Monae,  I`m so glad you had a good trip.  It sounds like a good place to visit.  I`m an avid reader myself but I can`t choose a favourite as there are always new books to read. Mind you, I would browse for hours in a bookshop!

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

  YESSS!!! I have been to this part of Georgia on The Bicycle Ride Across Georgia. I have fond memories of Waynesboro. I'm glad your trip went well. Oh yeah...my favorite book? There are soooo many...but...one that sticks out is "American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

...sweetest dreams...Terry