Sunday, August 7, 2005

I'M BACK ONCE MORE.....

Good evening dear world......here I am. My family and I are back once more. We took a little camping trip down to a place known as "John Tanner State Park". John Tanner State Park is located in Carrollton, Ga. Here's a little bit of historical background on the naming of the park for all of those history buffs out there....John Tanner State Park was named after a local businessman who operated the property as a private park from 1954 - 1971.

We stayed at campsite #18 which I can say is a little bit of a steep campsite which I felt would be equivalent to scaling Mt.Everest not that I have ever scaled Mt. Everest. We also went to the beach which was also named after Mr. John Tanner himself. The sand combined with the water looked like that of a very frothy chocolate milk without any of the sugary sweetness of course. The showers were clean though and the water in the showers were warm unlike other campsites I have been to. Though I would like to say that the campsites need to offer more of a view than they do. My nieces had a blast and I enjoyed myself as well. It was a nice trip all in all and the weather was great. There's a show I watch on television known as the "Travel Channel". On each camping trip we have taken over the weekends my parents have really brought the travel channel to life.

In a few more weeks we are planning to take another camping trip over the weekend I can't wait to see where we'll go next. My dad has a pop up camper which is always nice for campers like us. We hook up the camper to the car and we're off on another one of our little travels. I like camping its a real fun experience and there's always some place to go and things to be done. It certainly feels like I have been away for quite a while. I have been living out of a travel bag the size of an extra large suitcase.

Does anyone enjoy camping like I do ??? Tell me....

By the way......thanks to everyone who has left me wonderful comments and to all of you who have come to read my journal. I appreciate all of you who have come to drop me a note. You are all appreciated more than you know.

 

Has anyone figured out my little riddle ?? The answeris now revealed....

"I am left-handed"

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who has come to read my journal.....

THANKS SO VERY MUCH....THANKS TO EVERY ONE OF YOU !!

Good - night dear world....Sleep well and sweet dreams for now

P.S. I have to note that a lovely woman named Joyce who keeps the journal titled living with a serious illness is not doing well.She is sick at the moment and I hope that she gets better soon. Leave her thoughts for a speedy recovery.....here is a link to her journal....

http://journals.aol.co.uk/joycestigger/LivingwithaSeriousIllness

offer her some thoughts to comfort her at this time she would appreciate it very much....Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!
V

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you enjoy camping though it not for me.  I much prefer a nice comfy hotel...lol!  I`m really glad you had a great time though, it sounds like a lovely place, you have so many places of interest over there!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Well, your riddle had me puzzled - I admittedly couldn't figure it out! By the way, Judy Garland was also left-handed. If you had included her I probably would have guessed!       Jon