Saturday, December 11, 2004

News for another Saturday

Good evening its me again but of course who else would it be but me ? So here it is a particularly cold Saturday evening. It almost feels like winter with weather like this. Though it should only be cold if it is followed by a few inches or more of snow in my opinion of course. Tonight I went over to my cousin's house which is always a production. He is a father of young children and he is also a husband which is saying a lot.

What I am about to say might sound a little weird but its still true. I am hoping to receive a boyfriend for Christmas. I wonder if its odd for a 28 year old woman to want a boyfriend for Christmas. I have to say that I don't want to have children of my own that would be a comedy in itself. Some people are good at being parents if you ask me I don't think that I would be. I prefer being an aunt to my nieces and nephews which I'm sure they would agree with me being an aunt. I can spoil them all and not have any responsibility for raising them and that part I enjoy most of all. I think parenting requires a lot of growing up and taking responsibility for the health and well being of a child. I am not ready for being someone's mom its just not in me to be given the role of parent not in the least. Right now I just want to jump into "The Many Rituals of Dating" but that also requires finding someone which doesn't seem to be happening at the prior moment.

I really wish that finding someone were as easy as it is seen in "Bridget Jones' Diary" now that would be something. I want her life especially her boyfriend. I keep a diary which only tells of living "The Single Life". I could write a book on that. "Living the Single Life" which wouldn't end up being on Oprah's book club list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was younger, I too use to wish for a boyfriend who would be close to perfect and end up being my future husband when I was single for Christmas, Birthdays, Everydays!