Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday's Update...And Patrick Swayze Has Died

Hello everyone

Good evening all how is everyone today ? I hope you are all well. Today started another week at work for me. Today it was reported that people at my work have gotten the Swine Flu. When it was on the news I wasn't too concerned but now that it has hit at work I am worried about it. I hope they are able to get a vaccine together to give so that maybe there will be some help to stop the Swine Flu. I will go to Kaiser in October to get a shot for the Swine Flu.

Anywho...at the moment I am reading the book "Mercury In Retrograde" by Paula Froelich which is a pretty funny and interesting book. There is a woman in the story named Penelope Mercury whose boss is quite mean. There is another woman in the book named Lena "LIPSTICK CARCRASH" Lippencrass who is quite funny in the book. There is another woman in the story named Dana Gluck. So far the book is pretty funny and I really like it.

I went to Walmart earlier with my sister and my oldest niece Jeanette and I bought Jeanette a shirt she wanted and I picked up the book "Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout. I heard online that its a pretty good book. You have to check out this site -----> http://bookingmama.blogspot.com/ . I can't wait to read it.

A little while ago my mom and my oldest niece helped to color my hair. My hair is now a golden color and I really really like it. I wanted to lighten up my natural haircolor which I have had for a while. I wanted a little change for a while.

On a more sad note one of my favorite actor's Patrick Swayze died from Pancreatic Cancer at the age of 57. I have to say that he was a really terrific actor. I really liked him in "Dirty Dancing" and "Road House" which are some movie's I really like. I can't believe that he is gone. He was one of the best actor's that I really enjoyed seeing. I would like to offer his family, friends and loved ones my condolences.

The singer Kanye West was rude to the singer Taylor Swift as she was accepting her award. He was being rude, obnoxious and he totally stole the moment from her. But Beyonce was a sweetheart and let Taylor take her moment. I think that it seems that saying "I'M SORRY" excuses his behavior. He should have to do more than apologize. I think that he was totally wrong and I think that he should be banned from the music awards for a couple of months so he see what being rude and arrogant can do for you. I think that he is NO kind of man in how he acted.


So how was your day my dear world ? I hope that you are having a really great week. Do keep me posted. I'll talk to you again soon.

Take care everyone

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Hi Monae, well you have had a busy 10 days sinse I was away in Toronto on holiday. It is great that you have a new vehicle and have been able to use it already. I think your hair color will be great and will look forward to seeing it one day soon. I was in Canada when I heard your presidents speach and I too think he did real well.
Hope you are keeping better now. All your new exercise will be making you fit.
Love Sybil x