Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Trip Around The World....

Hello dear world

Good evening everyone. I wanted to come and tell you about my Saturday. I have to say that it was a nice one. Our church St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church held an International Night.

The International Night was an event where people from all over the world flew in and brought in food from the countries in which they live. There were people from Jamaica, the Philippines, Ireland, Slovakia, Hungary, Cameroon, France, Togo, Sierra Leone, Poland, Holland, Panama, Liberia as well as Nigeria, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Haiti, Germany, Africa, Colombia, Italy, Guyana and Ghana. There was also music from all over the world. I saw a guy there from Scotland wearing a traditional Scottish kilt. It was fun taking a trip around the world and seeing people from places that I have always wanted to visit. My trip was fun and the food was good.

Before the night was over my oldest niece won a really huge basket from the Dutch country filled with chocolates, tea and wine. Our night was really fun and I have to say that it was fun learning about different parts of the world. I really enjoyed the Mariachi band and there were some Nigerian children there dancing. There were people there from Haiti doing a dance that symbolized where they live.

So how was your day my dear world ?? I do hope that you had a really nice Saturday. That's all of my news for now. I'll talk to you again later.

Good night

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh what a good idea that was...and so many people to come was wonderful. I am so glad that you all enjoyed yourselves. Maybe it will be reapeted again in the future.  I had a very quiet day yesterday Mary and I went into Bath our nearest town early in the morning...we were in by 9am. so I could find my favorite parking space...I got a pair of trousers and Mary bought a lovely dark grey dress  ever so smart.  I do wish I could get dresses of the rail just like that  howvever I am glad she can. In the aftrenoon we manage dto sit ot a while in another sunny warm day. The forecast for next week is not so good so perhaps that will be our last sit out day till next year...what a thought!!   Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Glad you had a good time.I would love to do that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and interesting event. Ken and I spent a quite day here on Saturday except going to K-Mart for a few minutes. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!  That basket of chocolates and wine would be wonderful to have.  Have a happy Sunday.  : )

Allison