Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Personal Thought....

Hello dear world

Good evening. How is everyone today ? I had to come by and share a thought with you that kind of hurt my feelings today. I hope you don't mind me sharing this note.

Anywho...yesterday at work I wore some red lipstick that my mom gave me from AVON. The lipstick was red but not a dark red just a soft shade of red. My mom and my oldest niece said that it looked nice on me. They said that it was a good color for me.

The thing is yesterday some people at my work said that I looked like a clown with the lipstick on. Someone else said that it made me look like my mouth was bleeding. I didn't have the lipstick with me at work today because I forgot it at home. I wish I would have had it at work with me today.

I laughed off the comments that were made to me but the comments that were made really hurt my feelings. My mom always said that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all and that's how I felt yesterday and today. I was disappointed at the fact that people could say things like that to me without thinking.

Am I wrong my dear world ?? I really like the lipstick and I didn't feel like I looked like a clown with the lipstick on. I don't know if I should have said something to those who made a comment but I didn't. I was hurt by the comments and I felt that the comments were rather harsh. The people who made the comments were laughing as they made the comments as if the comments were funny. It made me feel bad as the comments were said.

I don't know my dear world perhaps I am overreacting to the situation or maybe I should just forget about the comments and act like nothing was said. I have always been nice to the people who made the comments and today they were mean to me and I felt like they were wrong. How should I handle such a situation my dear world ??

Am I in the wrong for feeling this way ??? Maybe its just me. I don't know how I should feel about the comments. Tomorrow I want to wear the lipstick to work but maybe I shouldn't since they don't seem to like it.

Could I be entirely wrong about this ???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that people made you feel bad.  You should let them know that you felt bad so they won't continue to be insensitive to your feelings.  Take care and have a good hump day tomorrow.

Phil

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am so sorry your feelings got hurt,I think maybe you should say something to them.

Anonymous said...

I think they were very rude about making those comments. I would never tell someone something like that and hurt their feelings. If I liked the color I would wear it again and if they comment anymore just tell them that you like it and you wear because you like it and that you are wearing it for yourself. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

you have every right to be offended..sometimes people need to keep their big mouths shut...just this past weekend some "freinds" were talking about going go karting and one of them looks me directly in the ye and says "i don't think you would fit in the go kart"  can you belive that?
<sigh>
Lyn