Saturday, December 17, 2005

Sharing My Day........

Benvenuto!  Dear World.......

How about a news update ? First of all....good evening. Earlier this evening I went to church with my family. If I didn't tell you this before let me do so now. The name of my church is St.Philip Benizi. You can check it out at -----------------> www.stphilipbenizi.org .

We also took a round trip adventure to a small cafe in Italy actually that's not completely the truth. The round trip adventure to the small cafe in Italy was actually when we went to a restaurant called the "Olive Garden" which might as well be a small cafe in Italy. You can take a bite into yourself at www.olivegarden.com . I can't say that I have actually been to Italy myself but the "Olive Garden" made me feel like I was actually there. Tonight I can also say that I was in two places at once. I was here in Georgia but I was also in a small romantic cafe in Italy.

After our trip to Italy we passed different houses on our way home looking at their homes draped in the many brilliant rainbow streams of Christmas lights which let me tell you was exciting for my nieces and I. We love looking at other people's Christmas lights its like a sparkling wonderland of light. Its like being in a whole other world when your seeing other people's homes covered in Christmas lights. Some of the houses were covered from the roof to the ground which is always fun to see.

On a completely different note I read a poem recently titled "Heading South" which is a poem that was written by Robert L. Brimm who keeps a journal titled "Chosen Words". You can find his journal at ----------------> http://journals.aol.com/rbrimm/ChosenWords/ .

Heading South

Just beyond the trees

giving up their gaudy

leaves of autumn, five geese

rise slowly, dark against

a mottled sky, heading

generally southward,

seeking those highways

that the wild geese take,

while I stand rooted

where chance has put me.

 

I shall think of them,

wishing vaguely that I had

their gift of flight

as I ride out the storms

of winter, waiting to hear

their honking again,

telling me the season

is breaking, melting into

spring, skein of renewal

linking those who can fly,

those who can only wish.

 

I just wanted to share this poem with you dear world because it seemed fitting with the weather we have had here in my neck of the woods. I hope you will go and check out his journal and let him know how good his poems are.

Anyway I just wanted to share my night with all of you and let you know that I am doing well. I hope that you dear world are doing well too.........Good night and sweet dreams

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like looking at lights too.  :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time out with your family. I have only been to the Olive Garden once many years ago. This one was in B'ham AL. The food was great. I wanted to get out at night and take some photos of some neighborhood homes at night but once darkness settles in I don't like to get out again. Have a good Sunday. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Pretty entry. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Here's to a whole lot more!

Jimmy