Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Very Wonderful, Exciting, Lovely and I Didn't Mind Busy Day....

Hello Dear World.....Happy Holidays !!!!!

As you might not know I had a wonderful, exciting, lovely and I didn't mind busy day. What did I do you wonder......Let me tell you everything.

My mother and I had quite a day which began at a place called "The Home Depot" which recently opened its doors here in Riverdale, Georgia across the street from a grocery store famously known as Kroger. I never see anything to buy in "The Home Depot" but my father said that there was plenty of wonderful things there to see and buy I guess its a guy thing. I did see plenty of nice looking guys there but did I see anything to buy ??? No.

Our next stop was at a new JCPenney which opened up quite a few miles from our first stop. My mother and I didn't find much of anything to see or buy there but it was nice to see people in the store and hearing them talk of what they were going to buy for the holidays and to hear their excitement.

After we left JCPenney we went to a store called "Michael's" which has tons of great things like decor items, crafts, floral supplies and holiday novelties. My mother and I did purchase a few items. Let me tell you we both love the place. We could have spent all day in that store we love it so much. It was fun, fun, fun, fun.

The best part of the day I have to say was when we went out to eat. Where did we go ? Just let me tell you....We went out to eat at a restaurant called "Johnny Carino's" which is an Italian restaurant. I have to say that going to Johnny Carino's was like going to a favorite relatives house in Italy or Rome. I can't say that I have relatives in Italy or Rome or that I have ever been to Italy or Rome but it felt like I had jumped on a plane and went there. While I was there I ordered a plate of Italian Pot Roast and my mom ordered the Shrimp Scampi. My mother and I didn't like the Italian Pot Roast but we liked the Shrimp Scampi. We shared the place she ordered first and then we were given a second plate of Shrimp Scampi once they took away the Italian Pot Roast. We also shared in the second plate of Shrimp Scampi which was quite wonderful. For dessert I ordered a dessert called a Cannoli which was two large crisp pastry shells hand-dipped in chocolate and stuffed with sweetened ricotta and chocolate chunk cream. The dessert was quite rich but it was sure good.

Later on we took a ride to a store called Kohl's which is also a great store. We bought some items at Kohl's especially an outfit for a lunch my work is having. I like the outfit let me tell you. The outfit consists of one pair of black jeans and a nice shirt which has some pictures of Paris, France on it. I can't say that I like shopping for myself much. I look and look and look and look at different pieces of clothing and I rarely find things I like.

After we left Kohl's we then went to Blockbuster to rent some movies. The movies we rented were: Bewitched, The Wedding Date, Stone Cold and War Of The Worlds. Let me tell you about the movies we watched wait, wait, wait you haven't heard anything yet.....

War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise yes you heard me, Tom Cruise. This movie was terrible to say the least. I still wish I had Steven Spielberg's phone number so I could call him up and tell him that personally.

The movie Bewitched with Nicole Kidman was so horrible I won't say anything more about it because I don't want to.

The best movie was Stone Cold which had Tom Selleck in it and let me say that this movie was great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great. Tom Selleck still looks handsome as ever. The movie is based on a best selling novel as well. Tom Selleck played wonderfully in this movie. He deserves an academy award for this movie alone. I sure wish I had his phone number.

All in all I want to say that this was a fun day all around. This weekend isn't even over yet and I can say that I had a lot of fun in just one day alone. I didn't even make any plans today and yet I did several things I really, really, really liked.

I have to share something with you dear world.....In Kohl's there was a pillow with a saying on it which read: "Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy" it didn't have the name of the person who wrote it but the person sure had it right.....

"Life is too short to be anything but happy".

I won't disagree with that.

Good night dear world.......sweet dreams and Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya it is easy to get lost in a home depot. I am a fan of Michaels too, but for price you can't beat hobby lobby.  I am a big fan of Kohl's myself.  Johnny Carino's isn't too bad, I have only eaten there once though.  I really liked War of the Worlds myself, but Bewitched was truly awful.  

Anonymous said...

I love Home Depot, there's one just a couple miles from my house.  They especially have nice plants and shrubs for the yard.  I was just there the other day for those foam insulated covers for my outside faucets, so they won't freeze up.   They also have lovely wallpaper and borders to match.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day just loafering around, Helen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that War Of The Worlds is a bad movie as it is one of the presents we have bought Dean for Christmas!  Sounds like you had a good day and the meal sounds delicious.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love shopping at Home Depot! Never been to Kohl's.