Sunday, October 3, 2004

Sunday's Thoughts

Dear Diary,

       Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia and good evening . I have a few thoughts today as usual . The famous poet Robert Frost once wrote I like to find the folks getting out in spring, Raking the dooryard, working near the house. Later they get out further in the fields.... The fields are stripped to lawn, the garden patches stripped to bare ground, the maple trees to whips and poles. Well today I did a little bit of yard work a plethora of yard activities . I raked up a little bit of pine straw, picked up a few pine cones and watered the front lawn . Robert Frost would have said that a little bit of yard work is good for the soul .

         You can tell that Autumn has arrived because the air is crisp and the leaves are changing little by little. It's getting time for hot apple cider, candy corn, pumpkins and Halloween decorations. Around this time of year it's nice to curl up in a warm blanket with a hand full of candy corn and read a good book or watch an old movie on t.v. with popcorn. I like when Autumn arrives because there's something magical about the month of October. Nothing is better dear diary than turning out the lights, reading a good scary story with a flashlight that's my most favorite part of Autumn dear diary. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

          Though it might seem weird that I run to you to tell you these things but you are the only one who understands me dear diary. Other people might think that the thoughts in my head are quite strange to say the least. I don't know if it's weird that I always come back to you or if the thoughts in my head are weird. Today was one of those days that I felt pretty good. Maybe it's the seasons changing or the weather but I actually feel like I'm coming to life in a whole different way I just can't explain it. I think that Robert Frost would have enjoyed this time of year as much as I do.

          What do you think dear diary ???? I wonderwhat it's like in Salem, Massachusetts during this time of year ? I imagine that in this time of year around Salem spirits are walking the earth, witches are riding around on their broom sticks and the Headless Horseman is still searching for the one who stole his head or maybe that's just me.

No comments: