Friday, October 23, 2009

News For Friday....

Hello dear world

Good evening everyone. How is everyone today ? I hope you are all well. Did anyone miss me ? I hope you all had a great week. I have been working as usual. It was a rainy day today in Georgia.

Anywho...I have started reading the book "Prayers For Sale" by Sandra Dallas. The book is really really really good. The book starts off in the year 1936. There is a woman in the book named Hennie Comfort who is 86-years-old. Hennie lives in the high altitude of the Rocky Mountains in Middle Swan, Colorado. At Hennie's gate is a sign reading "Prayers For Sale". Its here that she meets 17-year old Nit who asks for a prayer of her own. Despite the sign Hennie does NOT sell prayers instead she gives them freely to those who need them. Nit has just moved with her husband to Middle Swan, Colorado. Apparently Nit before moving to Middle Swan she lost a baby. Hennie also lost a child. I like reading Prayers For Sale its a really interesting book. Hennie and Nit are interesting people and I can't wait to read more of the book.

In other news my coworker's and I have been sending my other coworker Francis get well cards since she is still out of work on sick leave. She is still out taking radiation treatments since she had a lumpectomy to take out a mass in her breast which had cancer in it. They are giving her radiation just to be on the safe side. She will be returning to work in November. I sure have missed her. She always made us laugh and I still talk to her on the phone. I can't wait to have her back at work to share time with her. A lot of other people miss her as well.

Of course the weather is changing and it seems that Winter is on its way. The seasons have been changing so quickly. How is the weather in your neck of the woods ? I hope things are well in your part of the world ?

You will be happy to know that my family and I will soon be getting a new dog. We are trying to look at getting a Jack Russell Terrier which is a dog we have been wanting. I have been wanting to get a new dog. I will always miss my other dog Hobo who went missing a while back. I think it will be nice to have another dog around the house again. I am so excited to think about getting a new addition to our family.

I do hope that you all have a great weekend ahead. It has been a really long week and I am looking forward to the weekend. All is well here in my neighborhood. That's all for now.

I'll talk to you again soon.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Sounds like you are reading a good book. You seem to have quite a few over there that we don't have here....it would be lovely to get a new wee dog...wonder what you will call him/her. when we were bringing home our new puppy Dee we tried out lots of names for him as we drove home and he never even looked at us. Till I said it will have to be D for daft !! he suddenly looked at us as if to say are you talking about me ? so thats how he got his name DEE not acually for daft but for dashound, dog, delightful, delicious, and even a wee bit daft !!
Have a lovely weekend. It is mild and damp here this morning, if it dries up we will go do some shopping
Love Sybil x