Sunday, October 4, 2009

I AM QUITE UPSET !!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone

Good evening how is everyone today ? My folks and my older niece went out today to get groceries and a few other things. I stayed in with my niece Megan. It was a little cold in my neck of the woods. It is officially Autumn in Georgia and so I wanted to change my blog colors for the season. How do you like the color ?

Anywho....I am a little upset for a particular reason. Some might NOT know that I am a huge huge Jane Austen fan. I have to say that I am boiling mad at the fact that there are some books being written which I can't say I like. I do like books don't get me wrong but a few writers have gone too far.

My Jane Austen favorites are being turned into horror books which is way way way over the limits of my liking. I saw in "Barnes and Noble" that Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility" is being turned into "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters". I also saw that my most favorite "Pride and Prejudice" is being turned into "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" which I think is wrong. I can't say that I like the fact that my Jane Austen classics are being turned into a horror flick instead of being kept as a great classic piece of literature. What is it about classics that they have to be turned into the latest theater horror flick ? I am absolutely NOT happy about this change.

I am sorry for going off on a rant but I have to say that there is something wrong about such change. Why can't writer's enjoy a great piece of writing without wanting to turn it into the latest Zombie flesh eating and scary sea monster piece's of art ? I think that these writer's should appreciate a great piece of writing instead of turning them into a horrific piece of so-called whatever it is book. I am disturbed by this latest turn of events. What is going on in the world that Jane Austen's writing has to be changed into something that is becoming so hard to recognize anymore by readers such as myself ?

Can't a great classic be kept as what it is anymore ??? What is going on with all of these writers ??? Can't a decent writer recognize that if something IS NOT broken why fix it if it does NOT need fixing ?

Sincerly,

This upset reader in Georgia

3 comments:

Helen said...

I agree with you. Why mix them up with horror stories or make horror stories out of them? Keep the two headings separated. Helen

Sybil said...

Hi Monae, I am now back from Scotland and getting through all my "blogs" How awful that they are doin that to to Janes books. I have never heard of that. (By the way I am going to get round to sending you snail mail some "bits" out of the local paper about the Jane Austen Weekend in Bath.)
I do like your new background colour.
Love Sybil x

Amanda said...

((((((((((((((((((((MONAE))))))))))))I aggree with you on that books should stay the way they are,no one should change them.I dont read,like I used to and I never read a JAne Austen book,heard they are good thoe.Its just like,if they had changed Little House On The Prayire,I loved that show,I would be mad to.But I do aggree with you.I love you back ground color,maybe I will change mine to.