Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Stuff.....

Hello everyone

Its a little after 1:00 in the morning here in Georgia and I thought I would come by and share some of my day with you. So how is everyone today ? I hope you are all well.

Anywho....today was a very very hot day in Atlanta, Georgia. Every single motorcycle and person who rides a motorcycle are in my neck of the woods for the motorcycle roundup at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. You can hear them outside the window. They have been riding morning , noon and night. I wonder when they find the time to sleep.

In other news today my folks and I and my niece's went over to Lowe's today. I ended buying a small sized Moose statue on sale. The moose has been my favorite animal ever since I saw the show "Northern Exposure". The show was about a guy named Dr. Joel Fleischman who graduates from Columbia University medical school. He is assigned to work in the tiny Alaskan town of Cicely to pay for his education. There was a moose on the beginning of the show when the opening credits for the show came on. I fell in love with the moose at that time and I continue to like the moose. It looks like a beautiful animal to me. I have never seen a real one up close and personal though I would like to.

After Lowe's we went to Home Depot since Lowe's didn't sell a particular paint that my folks needed. After Home Depot we went to Blockbuster video where I purchased some movie's and rented some others. I did buy the movie "Inkheart" with Brendan Fraser who is one of my favorite of actor's. I liked the part where Brendan's character goes into an old bookstore. I would like the visit the place in the movie it looked like a wonderful place to go. The movie was a little long but I still liked it. I wish they could have talked about books more in the movie. Here is the link for "Inkheart" ------> http://www.inkheartmovie.com/ .

That's all of my news. So how was your Saturday ? I do hope that you had a really nice day. I also hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll talk to you again later.

Bye for now

5 comments:

Sybil said...

Morning Monae, You were up late last night...or perhaps I should be saying this morning !! Glad you had such a good day and found some good videos. I had quite a quiet day but it was at least warm and sunny and I was able to sit out for a while late in the afternoon. when Mary went to a BBQ. Today afterchurch and lunch at my Sisters we are going to a birthday party of our friends little girl who will be 2. today. I hope it will keep dry and sunny so we can be outside.
Have a good week ahead try not to work to hard.
Love Sybil xx

Jeannette said...

I have never seem a moose in real life either. Glad that you enjoyed your day. Have a good week.

Unknown said...

Hey there
Thanks for stopping by my blog...Walk A Mile...the new Nutella lover! So nice to meet you! I like moose also..they seem like gentle giants!

Bookncoffee said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! Enjoy your "finds" today. We have a LOWE's here now and do not have to drive 25 minutes to get to one anymore...more like 5 minutes. ha.
Have a good week.

Beth said...

Hi Monae,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment! I appreciate your visit, and feel free to stop by any time!

All my best,
Beth