Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Great Camping Trip....And Happy Easter

Hello everyone

I'm home !!!!!!!!!! How has everyone been ?? I hope you are all well. I have such news to report that I shall tell you everything.

On April 4 we made it to Indian Pass Campground safe and sound. It was really really nice. It was like being on Gilligan's Island without the being stranded part. We set up camp and we went and had dinner at a place called Sunset Coastal Grill. You could see the sunset going down at our table. The Mahi Mahi they served me was really tasty and I liked it. We then drove back to the campground at C15 and went and took our showers and we got back to our popup and went to sleep.

The next day we found a church called St. Joseph Catholic Church in the area and the people were very nice. After church we drove to a little ways to a place called "The Seafood Grill" I got a shrimp poboy which was quite good. It was a pretty busy restaurant. After eating we drove to CVS. Then we drove back to Indian Pass. They actually have palm trees there. The water was a brownish green but it was still pretty. There was a tugboat right by our campsite that never seemed to get used.

On April 6 my family and I saw a group of dolphins swimming in front of our campsite and my mom took a picture which we haven't developed yet. It was too windy to go to the beach so we went back to camp and we started seeing the dolphins again. We also saw a mouse at our campsite and it had a hole in one of the palm trees. For dinner we had macaroni-n-cheese. My dad put a net in the water and he caught a small blue crab and some hermit crabs in the net. At 9:00 we went and took our showers.

The very next day it was quite wonderful. My family and I took a ride down to Panama City Beach. It was still too cold to go to the beach however. We ended up going to a store called Bealls Outlet. Then we went to Alvin's Island but I didn't buy anything. Afterward's we went to the Dollar Store where I bought some keychains for my coworker's. Then we took a ride to a used store where I bought some books and a book for my niece Megan and the movie "The Long Kiss Goodnight".

We then took a ride to our favorite restaurant in the whole part of Panama City Beach which is "Pier 77" which has the greatest food in town. We know a woman who works there named Sandy and she always likes to see us. It was nice to see her because we had NOT seen her in a while. She comes and gives us a hug. She remembered when my niece's were small and she remembered we always ate there.

Later on we drove back to camp and we had a nice dinner there. Before we got to our campsite we noticed a Vulture in a tree which was really huge and so we took a picture of it. Once we got there to take our shower's our neighbor next to us came and brought us a Flounder they had caught and they asked us if we wanted for which we said yes and told him thank you.

On April 8 we did go to the beach. I flew a kite that we have and my niece Megan caught some clams, a little minnow. My dad and my niece also caught a medium sized spotted crab which we released before our last day at camp.

After the beach we went to a beach called "Indian Pass Raw Bar". I had a plate of stuffed shrimp with crab which I can't say was very good. My dad had a plate of steamed shrimp which I ended up sharing with him. They ate some of my stuffed shrimp.

Then after eating we went over to the dollar store where I got some sticker's for Megan and another book I wanted.

On April 9 we went and hung out at the beach which was really really nice. We went down to Mexico Beach and we hung out there. Me and my oldest niece walked up and down the beach which was fun. We saw a guy there with his family and he built a really amazing looking sand castle which we also took a picture of since it was really really nice. I got a little tan but not burned.

For dinner we found a place called the "Grace O'Malley Pub & Eatery" and I can tell you that you can save your money. I had a dish of shrimp scampi and I can say that all that was good about it was the shrimp. The pasta was really dry. My folks didn't like their meal either.

On April 10 we decided to leave Indian Pass. They said it was going to rain there so we packed up early. We packed up early and we got on the road. As soon as we got into Georgia it got rather dark and it started to rain. While we were on the road we thought we were going to have to change lanes since a fire truck came through and then a few minutes later two police cars came up on the side of us so we pulled to the side to let them pass. We drove up a little ways ahead to the right side of us and we noticed that a pick up truck had flipped completely over in a ditch. We don't know if anyone was injured but hopefully whoever was in the truck is okay.

We did get home safe and sound. We were able to unload our navigator with no trouble.

On Saturday we went to the grocery store and got some stuff for Easter. By the way I've been seeing "Twilight" which is pretty good. By Lyn's advice I did buy the book "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs since I liked her other book "The Friday Night Knitting Club".

By they way "HAPPY EASTER" to you all. At about a little before 6:00am this morning my folks and I and my niece's went to the Sunrise Service at St. Philip Benizi Church which was nice. It was cold however when we got there and we did bring our sleeping bags and our camping chairs with us.

After the service we went to IHOP for breakfast. We had a nice breakfast. Later in the day we got home and we got the food together for our Easter dinner.


So my dear world how was your week ????? I hope you are all well. I am home and unpacked and I can't wait for our next camping trip. It was so much fun and I do miss the ocean and the dolphins.

Take care

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monae', sounds like a fun trip. You sure did a lot of eating and shopping.
The whole family seem to enjoy it also.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Bill

Helen said...

Sounds as if and your family had a great camping trip. Glad that you all made it home safely. Happy Easter to you and your family. Helen

Sybil said...

Well Monae, you sure seem to have had a good week away. I am so happy for you and the rest of the family. It is so nice to be able to share time together. Thank you for sharing them all with us.
It was great that you were able to see so much wildlife. it would be good if you could share the photo's with us as well.
Have a good week back at work !
Love Sybil xx

LYN said...

OH MONAE I WAS GOING TO SEND YOU THE BOOK!!! I WAS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO TELL ME WHEN YOU WERE DONE WITH THE FIRST!!
CAN YOU TAKE IT BACK?? I FEEL BAD NOW!!
LOVE YOUR RATINGS ON THE RESTAURANTS YOU GO TO!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD FUN!

Sybil said...

Hi Monae, Just poped in again as I have just discovered how to get a photograph on so I have now joined your other friends !! Hope you are having a good week
Love Sybil xx