Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Wonderful Saturday...Getting Out

Hello everyone

Good evening everyone. I am sorry for my previous entry. I was mad about things in the news and what I saw and felt. However I did get out of the house today. I did NOT watch the news so I am in a much better mood today...thankfully. I did go to the stores today and I did some shopping for myself.

First my folks and I and my niece's went to Great Clips so my niece Jeanette could get a little haircut. My mom and I went next door to Wolf Camera to process some pictures we had. Then we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant which was good. I had the taquito's which are always good. My folks had the taquito's as well which they like.

Then we went to Garden Ridge which was fun. I got to look at the Christmas decorations with my niece Megan which she liked. I ended up finding two books which I liked there. One of the books is called "Quest for the Lost City of Gold" by Stephen Biesty. I have to figure out the clues to solve the mystery which is fun. It has a lot of different places you have to travel to in the book in order to figure out the clues. I also got another book which shares stories of those who wrote postcards which I can't wait to read. While I was in Garden Ridge a lady came up with a full cart. I didn't see her coming up behind me. She had a metal chair on top of everything in her cart. It hit me lightly on the back of my neck but luckily no injury was caused. She did apologise for what happened.

After Garden Ridge we got home so we could drop my niece Jeanette since she went out with a friend of hers. My folks and I and my niece Megan went to Macy's. My niece Megan wrote a letter to Santa Claus there since they have a program where the young children get to write the letters to Santa. The proceeds from the letters go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The letters are mailed to the Santa Claus station and they get replies from their letters. I looked around Macy's but I did not buy anything there. Did you know that the mall is closed for the holidays at Macy's ????

After leaving Macy's we went to Sears. My mom and I saw a house for her Christmas village however the one we saw on display did not come in a box. We asked them if they would want to sell the one on display and they said flat out NO !! They did NOT want to make a sale so we walked away without further reply. We continued to look in Sears. My dad purchased a DVD player which was nice.

We then left Sears and I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble which we did. I found two nice Christmas books which look wonderful. I can't wait to read them. I also got a book by James Patterson which I had wanted. I also got a Pokemon book my niece Megan wanted. I did get a cute bookmark I wanted. My mom went next door to PetSmart and bought some goldfish for my Catfish to eat as a snack. He is getting bigger every day in the aquarium. He ate all of them and I am sure that he is rather full.

We got home and I fixed myself a ham sandwich. My uncle Noel called and it is always nice to talk with him. He is always happy to hear from us. So how was your day my dear world ? I hope you had a nice one. I hope your weekend was a nice one. I do hope that you all have a nice Sunday ahead.

I will talk to you all again later. Take care everyone.

5 comments:

LYN said...

Glad you had a nice day out.it does you good to get out and take your mind off things..Happy Sunday!!

Ally Lifewithally said...

I always think a nice day out with Family is better than medicine ~ glad you had a good day ~ Ally x

Sybil said...

That sounds as if you had a good day out shopping with the family...didn't seem quite right you not shopping LOL
It is very cold here now with a lot of snow but thankfully not much around here only enough to make the roads like sheets of ice. I have not been able to get out at all last two days. it was -4 last night and lower tonight...I do NOT like WINTER
LOve Syil x

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I adored my whole four days off. Just wish I had a few more of them.

Hollie said...

I found you! Sounds like a good day out with the family! I love times like that!