Sunday, December 12, 2010

It Snowed For A Minute...And A Poem

Hello everyone

Good evening everyone. How is everyone on this cold frosty day ???? I hope you are all well. I started reading a Christmas novella titled "A Snowwflake" by Jamie Carie and it was a very good book. The story was set in the year 1897. These two people named Buck Lewis and Ellen Pierce meet during a wilderness trek to a place called Dawson City. Its set around Christmas time.

Anywho...it has been a cold frosty day in my neck of the woods. It snowed for like a minute and then it was gone. I was reading a book by Mattie J.T. Stepanek and I got inspired to write a poem. I have not written in a very long time. I thought that I was never going to write poems anymore but today I did. I wanted to share it with you. I do hope that you like it.

Inspired

Its winter and the snow came today
it was nice to see it
but it decided not to stay.

I would have gone out in the cold
just so I could have walked in it
and watched it sparkle like gold.

Maybe it will come back another day
and it will be such a wonderful thing
and it might just decide that it doesn't want to go away.

Monae' Doyle
A tribute to Mattie J.T. Stepanek

Take care everyone. Happy Holidays !!!!!

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Love the poem Monae,,,you are so clever with words you use...
Thank you for sharing
Love Sybil xx