Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thoughts.....

Hello dear world

Good evening all. How was your Sunday ? Early this morning my folks and I went to mass at our church which is named St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church. We had a lecter today who was reading from the Gospel and he ended up in tears. No one knew why he was crying until our pastor told us that his mother had passed away on Christmas Day. I didn't know him or his mother but I wish I had. It was sad to see him crying in church because he seems like a really nice person.

The thing is I don't always know the right thing to say to a person who has had such a loss. I am sure that he and his mother were close. Our pastor said that she was a very sweet person and he really loved his mother the way he expressed his grief in church this morning. I wish I could have offered him my condolences to him and his family but I didn't get the chance.

Seeing the guy in church this morning made me think of a coworker of mine who lost her husband recently. She was married to him for quite a while and she really really loves her husband. She is still having a hard time getting over the loss of her husband. I can't really begin to know how it feels to lose a husband or a mother but I still feel that it is certainly a hard thing to go through at such a moment in one's life.

I may not always say the right thing or to feel what its like for a person who is going through such a loss. I hope that the guy at my church is able to find comfort in the love of family, friends and loved ones who knew his mother. I also hope that my coworker is able to find some comfort in family and friends.

I said a prayer for him and my coworker in church this morning but I don't know if my words helped any or if they will know that I do care how they are feeling. I do buy my coworker cards from time to time to let her know that I am thinking about her. I don't know if a card can ever help to ease one's heart from a little of its pain. I do hope that those who are going through such a loss are comforted by those that they love.

These words of mine might NOT make any sense of what I am feeling but maybe I am able to express what I felt this morning.

Anywho....thanks for listening my dear world. Here is a link to my church -----> http://www.stphilipbenizi.org/

4 comments:

LYN said...

I THINK YOUR PRAYERS WERE ENOUGH. I LOST MY MUM IN 2003 AND I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OVER IT..JUST WHEN I THINK IT'S GETTING EASIER SOMETHING TRIGGERS ME AND I AM SAD ALL OVER AGAIN.

Helen said...

It is very hard losing a loved one. You prayers are good enough Monea. It is hard to know what to say to someone who has lost a loved one. I know your Co-worker appreciates your cards. I will send up prayers for those two also. Hugs, Helen

Sybil said...

Monae, That was a very lovely thoughful edition today. Yes it is very hard to know what to say at a time when people are so sad. However I know well from experience that the sadness is even worse if your "friends" feel so bad that they do not speak to you. Please whatever and whenever you have to approach someone who is sad and grieving speak to them or just give them a hug or even a smile. Your co worker will appreciate your cards VERY much even if perhaps she does not say so....
Love Sybil xx

Sybil said...

Hi me again....just to say I do like your new layout. Much easier to read than the red background.
love Sybil x