Monday, February 23, 2009

I'M BACK !!!!!!!!

Hello all !!!!!!!!

Good evening to everyone. I am sorry that I have not been around lately but there is a reason for my being gone so long. These last few weeks I am sad to report that I have been quite sick. I have been to Kaiser to see the doctor and it turns out that I have Bronchitis and Inflammation in my chest wall. I still have chest pains related to my illness but I am trying to get better. I hope that you don't think I have abandoned you all.

However I did return to work today and yes I am still not doing all that well. I am on medication and trying to get back to doing well. Anywho...I am reading the book "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" for the second time around. A guy in the story named Will Thisbee concocted a potato peel pie which consists of mashed potatoes for filling, strained beets for sweetness and potato peeling's for crust. I myself have NEVER had a Potato Peel Pie. I am wondering what Guernsey is like today. From reading the book I learned that the Germans were there at some time. I read that the British did go and they liberated Guernsey. Have any of you ever been to Guernsey ??? I am wondering.

Enough about me how are things with you all ?? How are things in your neck of the woods ???? I just wanted to know how you all have been recently ? I do hope all is well where you are. I shall return hopefully better soon. That's all for now.

Good night all !!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Monea, So sorry that you have been so sick but glad that you are feeling better. This winter has been a stay at home time for me. I am still not able to get out and about. Just trying to do a small amount of cooking with Ken's help and he is doing all the grocery shopping. I don't even want to or feel like getting out and about. Hugs, Helen

LYN said...

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO GUERNSEY BUT A LOT OF BRITISH PEOPLE VACATION THERE..GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER...;-)

ADB said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, Monae, good to see you posting again.

Sybil said...

Oh Dear Monae, I am so sorry to see that you have not been well. I do hope that the antibiotics will clear up the chest infection for good.
That is an interesting book you have been reading...I am not sure that I would like potato pie ! but I HAVE been to Guernsey. It is a very lovely small island and in the spring comes earlier there than here on the mainland and they send the most beautiful early daffodils and lillies for sale. also earlier than most they send tomato's. during the 2nd.world war they were invaded by the Germans and the islanders had a very hard time.
Lots of Love Sybil