Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Favorites.....

Hello everyone

Good evening to you all. I hope everyone is well. I was reading a blog called "Provocation of Mind" which is a favorite of mine here is the link ----> http://www.provocationofmind.com/ . The blog got me to thinking about sharing a few thoughts with you. I'm NOT sure anyone will read this or find it at all interesting but here it goes.

I have been doing some book reading lately. As some of you may know I like to read books and I like to find different books. I got to thinking about favorites....books and writers that is. Some of you may say that Hemmingway or Faulkner or Thoreau is a favorite writer but to me my favorites have been : Nora Roberts, Tami Hoag, Danielle Steel, Debbie Macomber, Sherryl Woods and a few others.

What is it about a favorite book or writer ? In my opinion its a story about a person, a place, an adventure, travels, friendships formed and perhaps....finding love. Some may say that its about a certain subject like cooking, a courtroom drama, a topic to research but to me its always about what interests me.

I find a certain person in a book that I either find smart or a guy that I instantly fall in love with or a place that I have always wanted to travel to. Sometimes I find that I get lost in a person's life and what he/she is going through. Sometimes its just about two people meeting for the very first time and falling in love or just sharing a friendship.

I don't know to me favorites always......remain. A favorite is always a book that I find that I can't wait to read the pages and fall into a story that I never want to end. Isn't it something to find a favorite ???

Isn't it something ???

No comments: