Monday, January 19, 2009

A Really Fun Monday....

Hello everyone

Good evening all !!!!!!! How is everyone today ? I hope you are all well. Today I was off of work today. Today was also the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. As you know Barack Obama will soon become President of the United States of America. Do you know anyone who is going to the Inaguration ?

In other news I finished reading "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult which was a very good book indeed. I highly recommend this book as a must read. I have to say that I really really liked it. It turns out that the guy in the book Shay Bourne was not a murderer but a very decent guy. In the book he was charged with double homicide which he was innocent of. There was also a young girl in the book who needed a heart transplant and she did get Shay's heart in the end. I'm sorry to have ruined the ending of it but I have to tell you that it was a good book and you should definitely give it a read. I am really glad that I read the book and it was well worth the time. I really did like Shay most of all in the book.

Anywho...earlier in the day my folks and I and my oldest niece went to Kohl's and I got to do some shopping. I ended up purchasing a Seinfeld t-shirt and an Oscar the Grouch t-shirt as well. I also got some Christmas earrings that were on sale for $4.00 a pair. I also got a cute Valentines Day necklace and a princess necklace that I liked very much which was on sale as well.

After Kohl's we took a ride to a beauty supply store called Ulta which was nice. It definitely smelled good in the store and I ended up buying some Hawaiian nut shampoo and some conditioner which my mom and I thought smelled pretty good. My father sprayed on some men's Chrome cologne in the store which did NOT smell all that great.

After Ulta we went to my favorite store Barnes and Noble which is the best bookstore I like. I used a gift card from Barnes and Noble that I received on Christmas as a present and my member's card there. I got a book for my oldest niece and some books for myself. The books I bought are titled :

Born In Ice by Nora Roberts
Dance Upon The Air by Nora Roberts
Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter

While I was at Barnes and Noble I ended up getting a Godiva Double Chocolate slice of cheesecake which was really really good. I also got a Mocha Frappucchino which I also liked. My oldest niece had a regular slice of cheesecake that I bought her and I bought my mom a tall dry cappucchino which she liked. It is always fun going to Barnes and Noble.

I must say that I am a fan of the books by Nora Roberts and of the books by Jane Austen or other books like her's. I am starting to read "Me and Mr. Darcy and so far its a pretty good book. I have always liked to read book and I enjoying reading the books I have gotten.

I have to tell you that my favorite show "House" came on tonight and my other show "24" came on with Kiefer Sutherland. My other favorite show "Bones" is coming on Thursday.

So my dear world how was your Monday ?? Did you do any shopping today ? It was a cold day in my neck of the woods is it cold where you are ? I do hope to hear all of your news from your part of the world.

Take care everyone

2 comments:

Sybil said...

Hi Monae, I sure wish I was comming to your presidents inaguration...instead it is 4.30pm. here and I am with you all in spirit as I sit here watching all the proceedings on TV. I hope that you are as well. I havn't even read your latest news yet bit I will be back later.
Love Sybil xx

Bill said...

We will look for the book by Picoult CHANGE OF HEART. It sounds like my kind of reading. It sure sounds like you had a busy but, fun day Monday. Libby and I spent all day Tuesday watching the new President get sworn in. I enjoyed it.
I hope your week is a good one.
Regards, Bill