Wednesday, February 9, 2005

New Thoughts

Good evening. I know that I haven't come to talk to you in a while dear diary so please forgive me. Once again good evening. I know that in a few days it will be Valentines Day so I wanted to share something with you. Usually I come to you and complain but this night will be different. In the paper I read about a girl named Madison Ringenberg who is 2 years old. She has tetralogy of Fallota, a congenital heart defect. I read that 1 in every 100 children born - an estimated 40,000 babies - in the United States each year have malformed hearts like Madison. Some parts of her heart are too small and some are too large. According to Patrick Frias, pediatric cardiologist at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, says she has a large hole between the two pumping chambers, and blood flow from the right chamber to the lungs is partly obstructed. Anything and everything throws her into congestive heart failure which was stated by her mother Lisa Ringenberg. Madison always pulls through over and over. Madison will need a prosthetic valve possibly a heart catheterization and / or surgery. For now Madison is fine and her heart according to those who know her, her heart looks fine. In the paper I read that her mother learned to never complain and hold fast to life even when the bad days number more than the good. I need to be more like Madison Ringenberg I really wish I were. Good night dear diary. 

No comments: