Friday, October 17, 2008

Update....

Hello everyone

Good evening. I wanted to come by and tell you about my day. All this week my coworker's and I were asking everyone in the building if they wanted to sign a card we had gotten for our coworker whose name is Willie. The reason why we did this is that a lot of people had known him and gotten to like him and so they also gave us donations towards a party we hosted in his honor today since he is having to retire early due to an illness. A lot of the donations were given to our coworker in case he might need to use some of it for money or whatever else he might be needing at this time.

The party started at 1:00 this afternoon at our work and it ended at 3:00 this afternoon. My coworker's and I had prepared a buffet style party which consisted of chicken from Kentucky Fried Chicken, buffalo wings from a place called "Buffalo Cafe" and we also had some green beans which two of my female coworker's prepared at home, I myself made some potato salad which everyone liked quite a lot. We also had some dinner rolls and bottles of Coca-Cola, diet Coca-Cola, and some Sprite. A lot of people attended the party where our coworker Willie was there. After the meal my coworker's and I and our supervisor presented him with his plaque for this service of 30 years, his card and some money that was donated to him from the people in the building. The sad part was is that he was not well since he is suffering from having cancer on his liver. He did appreciate our having given him the party and the gifts we gave him. My coworker's and I will definitely miss him very much. His sister who brought him up to our work was very grateful for what we did for him.

Let me tell you it was quite a turn out at the party and the people really enjoyed the party and our hard work with the food and how the party turned out. It was sad that we had to say goodbye to our coworker but I do hope that he is able to recover at home with his family and relatives. I was glad that he was able to make it to the party and I am glad that we got to have a little celebration in his honor.

Anywho......how was your day ??? I do hope that you are doing well. I just wanted to come by and share my day with you. Tomorrow of course starts the weekend so I will talk to you again later.

Have a great weekend and take care

5 comments:

REFLECTIONS OF A PRISON WIFE said...

ENJOYING YOUR JOURNAL!.........fran

http;//reflectionsofaprisonwife.blog.com./

Bill said...

As I said on your AOL Journal. I think of you as a very special person for doing what you did for Willia. I am sorry for his cancer and will had him to our prayer list. My Regards, Bill.

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

Found You~~

Your new home here on blogspot looks very nice, I hope your getting used to it and I'll be seeing you around.
Take care now,
Rebecca

Odds Bodkins. said...

glad to see you're settling in here Monae. Hope your weekend has been good.

B. x

Amanda said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I am so gla He liked the party and the gifts.That was real nice of you all to do that for Him.