Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Wake of Recent Events.....

Hello everyone

Good evening everyone. How is everyone today ? Some of you may be off watching football but I am not. My New Orleans Saints are not playing so I am not watching football. I do have some different things to talk of tonight. I have to warn you that what I am about to say that some of you may or may not agree with. I am about to voice my opinion on what happened in Tucson, Arizona. If you do not want to read this I am okay with that and you may feel free to stop reading at this moment. However please do know that even Mattie Stepanek was pretty interested in what happened in the world and so do I.

There was a shooting recently in Tucson, Arizona which killed and injured people. What happened in Tucson was a terrible tragedy. People are wanting to point the finger and place blame. A lot of people are wanting to know why. It could have been that the shooter had mental problems or that he was mad at someone. The thing is why he did it does not matter and it won't be considered by the legal system because it does not matter one way or the other. What does matter is that what happened that day, it happened. We do need to have much stricter gun laws and they need to be enforced. Weapons like that of handguns, rifles, knives and ammunition should not be easily accessible to just anyone.

I hate sounding like some politician running for office. I do not want to be in charge of making laws or writing such laws. I wouldn't want anything I say or opinion I have to be placed in the hands of someone that might want to put me in charge. I think that we need to stop pointing the finger. If we need to do so people should consider writing to their Congressmen and voice their displeasure over random acts of violence. I support our President Barack Obama for the speech he made in Tucson, Arizona. We have to give him credit where credit is due. He spoke not only for the victims but for the families and everyone in Tucson during a horrible time.

I just think that it is time to reflect on recent events with an open mind. We all need to stop and take the time to understand that it was not the gun's fault for what happened because guns do not shoot themselves. People need to take responsibility for their actions. It is understandable that people are mad about what happened but pointing the finger is not going to change what happened in Arizona. I think that everything that happened is terrible and I wish that it would not have happened but it did. I know that my opinion may not be liked by some but we all have to find a way to get through our feelings.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on the tragedy. I hope that you will all know that I will return to my regular scheduled programming of talking about my life at a later date. Thanks for listening everyone and take care everyone.

3 comments:

Jon said...

I'm glad you voiced your opinion, Monae, and I agree with what you had to say. Guns are too easily accessible to people who shouldn't have them. The young man who perpetrated this horrendous crime had shown many previous signs of mental instability. Unfortunately nobody saw them or took them seriously.

Sybil said...

Hi Monae, like Jon said I too am glad thatyou havevoiced your oplinion. Everyone has that right. I am so so sorry for all teh people of Arizona it is so sad. It is comming to something when families are getting to be afraid to go out for breakfast for fear of some mad man shooting them...
Over here of course we do not have the same gun laws and for that I am very grateful..I woudn't even have one if it was legal as I woudl never want to shoot anyone or anything...and what other reason would I have for having a gun... (I have heard them say..Oh I only have one for defence I wouldn't actually use it.!! whose defence? if you are not prepared to shoot it you don't need it.
You take care now Monae,
Love Sybil xxx

Sybil said...

Monae, Are you ok. you have been missing too long.
Sybil xx