Sunday, April 11, 2010

We Have Returned !!!!!!!!!!

Hello dear world

How is everyone today ? I hope you are all well. I and my family are home !!!!!!!! We got back yesterday evening from our camping trip. We stayed at a place called "Big Lagoon State Park" at campsite #45. We were in Pensacola, Florida which was nice.

The second day of our trip we went to eat at a place called "The Crab Trap Restaurant" which was good. I had a shrimp po'boy which was good. After eating my father and I and my niece's went to go walk near the beach. The sand was sugar white and it is beautiful.

Later on we went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I bought a "New Moon" tote bag since I like the movie. I also got a St. Patrick's Day t-shirt. The next day we went to a Catholic Church in Florida which had a Easter mass.

The next day we woke up and we went to church. After church we found this place to eat called "Seville Diner" which had some very good food. I ordered a stack of pancakes with chocolate chips which were quite delicious.

When we got back to camp my niece's and I went for a walk on the boardwalk nearby. While on the trail we saw a snake which was by a log and it was a big snake. We continued to walk on the trail which was nice. We could not find our way back to our campsite so my folks came and found us. We decided to go to eat at the Oyster Bar and Restaurant which is a nice place to eat on the water. It is right by the marina there. My mom and I had the soft shelled crabs. The Oyster Bar and Restaurant was a nice place to eat.

After eating we went to pick up a few things at Winn Dixie. I got a bone for my dog Chip and a book by Nora Roberts. I finished reading the book "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks which was a very good book.

The next day my family and I went to the beach. There were quite a few jellyfish in the water and on the beach as well. I found some hermit crabs in the water. The weather was quite nice. We saw a wren on the beach which followed us around the beach.

After the beach we went to eat at a place called "Triggers". I ordered some soft shelled crabs but they were not as good as the Oyster Bar and Restaurant. I did not order anymore while I was on my trip.

We all got bit up by no see ums while we were on our trip. We put everything and everything we could to stop the itching. We did go to Walmart to pick up a few more things. The very next day my folks and I and my niece's went to a different beach. My dad drove us to another beach which was outside of the park. The weather was really nice.

After going to the beach we went to Triggers to eat. I got a crab cake which I wasn't a fan of but it was alright. I did get a chocolate silk pie which was good. It was another day camp. We went to the Waffle House to eat. After eating my folks and I and my niece's went to spend the day at the Naval Aviation Museum. I saw various planes and I learned about the Hubble Telescope. I also learned some aeronautical history. We got back to camp and we ate dinner at our campsite.

The next day it was supposed to rain but it didn't. My family and I went to the Seville Diner to eat. The food is always good there. After eating we stopped off at The Dollar General. We then took a drive to the Pensacola Dog Track. We ended up finding that the dogs don't run until Friday.

After going to the Dog Track my family and I decided to go the Shrimp Basket which is a tiny tiny place. I got the fried crab claws but they were not my favorite either.

We did go to the library there in Florida and I bought two books for a $1.00. My niece Megan got to rent some movies. We stopped off at CVS before going back to camp. We made plans to go back to the Dog Track the next day.

The next day we spent the day at the beach which was outside of the state park. The weather was quite wonderful. I got to fly a kite at the beach. We also spotted some dolphins that were swimming in the ocean which was fun to see. I got in the water and I got some seashells while I was there.

After the beach we got back to camp and took our showers. We ate hot dogs at camp. A little while later we went to the dog track. We won a little bit of money back at the track. Once the dog track ended we took a ride to a ice cream parlor which was closed. We decided to stop off at a little Chinese restaurant and then we stopped off at Sonic's to get some ice cream.

The next day which was Saturday we packed up the trailer and we left the state park. We did not get home until 9:00pm. The weather was nice on our way home. Once we got home my folks and I went to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse while my niece's stayed home. My mom and I ordered the ribeye which is always good. We then got to share a dessert which was the chocolate stampede. It is a dessert of two slices of chocolate cake and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. The dessert was very very delicious.

We are already talking of going camping somewhere else pretty soon. I can't wait to go camping again. So how are you my dear world ? How are things in your neck of the woods ? I will talk to you all again soon.

Take care everyone

1 comment:

Sybil said...

My goodness Monae, what a week you all had. sounds just wonderful...all that warm sunshine and walks along the beach and the must have put on pounds !!! This week you will be back at work but will always have your memories to look back on..
love sybil x